Wednesday, February 17, 2016

#TheDailyRecord the Forcean at Wilberforce University



It is evident from the cover of this 1973 edition of the Forcean that students were committed to capturing the spirit of the times.  An interesting thing to take notice of in this 1973 volume where most of the persons pictured are rocking larger than life afros, is how they are photographed. The photographer must have been forced to zoom out farther than traditional portraits to capture the full hairstyle. The Ransom archive has a small run of Wilberforce University and Central State University yearbooks.







1 comment:

  1. Hello Shanee'I happen to come across your blog page by looking up a book I own, it's a 1923 copy of The Forcean Wilberforce University. I'm a artist, collector of tribal African art/artifacts, wood and metal work,airbrush art. I retired from the Boeing aerospace Co. after 30 years. I live in Seattle and currently working on a art project in the African American community. Can you tell me something about the book.

    ReplyDelete